26 MarLeave a Comment
“The Daily Dish is a play of words that reflects the passion of its two owners, Jerry Hollinger and Zena Polin, who believe in serving comfort food with a twist — food that is seasonally inspired, locally sourced and farm fresh.”
I have been a regular visitor to The Daily Dish restaurant in Silver Spring since it opened. It is one of my favorite places to bring friends or share a meal with my husband. For me, living in east Montgomery County, The Daily Dish is the perfect place to meet up with friends who live in the District or western MoCo towns — a delicious halfway point in just-over-the-DC-border Silver Spring (and just as chic and foodie-cutting-edge as those friends’ local bistros.)
The Daily Dish embodies the Farm to Fork experience. Food is sourced from local produce markets and reflected in the menu’s seasonal, always-fresh ingredients.
As invitees to a media dinner to preview The Daily Dish’s spring menu, my husband Chris and I had the opportunity to taste some of the restaurant and event catering company’s new and classic offerings. Here is what I learned:
- The wine pairings are out of this world. Co-owner Zena Polin is passionate about international wines and sources the most interesting and amazing vintages to serve the meals. Accessibly priced but OMG awesome, be sure to ask your server for Polin’s hand-picked preferences and pairings with your food selections.
- Do not skip starters. Hey, I am all about pinching pennies and watching my calories. But when you visit The Daily Dish, definitely order a starter course in addition to your entree. Their mozzarella, pickles, soups and more are all made from scratch. Do not worry, there are no bland blooming onions or wilting garden salads with ranch to fill you up. The Daily Dish appetizers offer you a sampling of local delicacies and some very cool culinary chances. For instance, the duck confit on endive with applewood smoked bacon was incredible.
- Craft cocktails = go for it. The blood orange margarita and elderflower rosemary caipiroska we tried were better than drinks we have had in schmancy DC speakeasies.
- Last Supper worthy. If I am ever on death row, I will request that my final meal be Chef Jerry Hollinger’s beef short ribs with multi colored baby carrots and savory bread pudding with bacon and smoked Gouda. Thankfully, I do not have to perform any felonies to enjoy this again in the future.
- It’s right for date night. For the media dinner, Chris and I left the kids at home. It felt special and adult and romantic. I also love The Daily Dish for women’s weekend brunches, especially the stocked Bloody Mary bar.
- Kids are welcome too (and free on Mondays.) The kids menu is the best in town. Really. You have your mac and dog and pasta for the pickies. You also have waffles and cheese bread and craft pizzas for the small restaurant-philes. Kids 12 and under eat free with the purchase of adult entrees $12 and above, one free kid entree per adult entree. Offer cannot be combined with other discounts.
Get thee to The Daily Dish!
THE DAILY DISH
8301 Grubb Road
Silver Spring, MD, 20910
Mon-Wed:11:30am-5:30 lunch, 5:30-9:00ish pm dinner
Thurs-Fri:11:30am-5:30lunch, 5:30-9:30ish pm dinner
Sat: 8:30am-12:30brunch,12:30-5:30 lunch, 5:30-9:30 dinner
Sun: 8:30am-3 brunch, 3-5:30 lunch, 5:30-9:00 dinner
24 Mar Leave a Comment
I found someone awesome and safe to improve my face ... no small feat! My 40th birthday is looming and I want to look better. I do not want major surgery but I have been hankering for ways to improve my skin and face. I am aging and looking tired. I have sun damage and eye hollows and dark … Read More...
19 Mar Leave a Comment
Nothing makes this ho-hum time of year (I'm looking at you, cold, annoying March) special like a night out at The Greatest Show on Earth. Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey's LEGENDS is in town this weekend, and moving on to Baltimore and Fairfax for subsequent shows. Washington, DC March … Read More...
4 Mar Leave a Comment
Hypnotic Salon in Damascus is Open and Fabulous My favorite local salon, Hypnotic Salon in Olney, has expanded with a second Upper County location, Hypnotic Salon Damascus! Owner Chrissy Mayo not only cuts and highlights hair with extraordinary artistry and on-point style, she is also an … Read More...
3 Mar Leave a Comment
Cool family transpo tip: Now when you request an uberFAMILY DC car the driver will not only have carseats for your kids, it will also have a Fuhu’s nabi 2 tablet. These tablets are packed with console-quality HD learning games and child-centric entertainment. Now an uber ride in the DC Metro … Read More...
2 Mar 8 Comments
The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus latest circus production, LEGENDS, will be playing the Verizon Center March 19 - 22, 2015 and at The Patriot Center April 8 - 19, 2015. LEGENDS, unites iconic circus stars with mythological creatures in a celebration of the legends that have … Read More...
1 Mar Leave a Comment
Have you ever lived in a brand new home? I have not. The two homes my husband and I have bought in Silver Spring have been oldies - 1955 and 1970 - both purchased from the original owners. We have become experts at wallpaper removal and hardwood refinishing. The opportunities for purchasing a … Read More...
25 Feb Leave a Comment
The Mansion on O Street is a unique experience, unlike any other outing my family and I have encountered in our years of DC area adventures. Mystery and history abound, and kids are warmly welcomed, at the super cool massive art house exploration offered at The Mansion on O Street. Children can … Read More...
EVENT CANCELED: Saturday Night Snow Day FUN: PopUp Play Zone Bounce Night Par-Tay! (Italian Ice on Me)
20 Feb Leave a Comment
UPDATE: Event was canceled due to incoming storm. Your Last Chance to Play at PopUp Play Zone Before They Close for the Season! After being snowed in tomorrow during the day, head to PopUp Play Zone from 6-9pm for a fabulous family bounce night! The February 21st Saturday Night Bounce & … Read More...
16 Feb 3 Comments
My friend Christine St. Vil of Moms 'N Charge is an inspiration. A coach and speaker focused on helping overwhelmed mothers feel their best without feeling guilty, she is also a social media expert. Her latest speaking opportunity is serving as one of the breakout speakers at Steve Harvey's Act Like … Read More...