Today the Executive VP & GM of Bravo, Frances Berwick, announced that the latest locale of The Real Housewives franchise is
Hear that? It’s the sound of every Georgetown, ChevyChaseBethesda and Fairfax gal in the area dialing her publicist, personal trainer and facial filler injector. FOFLOTUSes (friends of the First Lady of the United States) are particularly giddy.
Berwick says, “We’re tapping personalities who are among Washington D.C.’s influential players, cultural connoisseurs, fashion sophisticates and philanthropic leaders – the people who rub elbows with the most prominent people in the country and easily move in the city’s diverse political and social circles.”
Bravo is currently working to identify DC’s “alluring and discriminating residents, those women who have their pulse on the most important cultural events, political galas, gallery openings and fundraisers in Washington society. These leading members of D.C. society are in the know and comfortable discussing everything from the economy to high fashion. They are the talk of the town in the most powerful city in the world.”
OK, I’m a total shoe-in, if today’s activities are any indication:
- At my weekly Safeway load-up with the kids, the butcher knew all our names AND recommended the fresh beef kabobs, proof of influential player status.
- A true fashionista, for my summer collection I browsed online today for new Chucks and Reefs.
- With the big preschool end of year picnic on Friday, a school fundraiser dinner on Monday and a heavy schedule of birthday parties this weekend, my social circle is dizzying, I tell ya.
- Philanthropic activities? Honey, I always remember my envelope at Sunday Mass and there’s never been a canned good or blood mobile drive I didn’t own.
- Who needs a nanny when you can co-op babysitting and barter drop-off playdates with fellow moms of preschoolers? Due to the recession, Bravo will think this is HUGE and beg us Real Housewives for the secrets to the seedy underground of “free” childcare.
- Thursday nights I’m so money that I’m going to be on Mix 107.3 with Tommy McFly with the best weekend events for DC families. Watch out Diane Rehm, you’re going down!
Alluring? Talk of the town? Obviously it’s only a matter of time before Bravo becomes so obsessed with the mom blogger domination of sparkling Silver Spring that us Maryland mavens will need our own show….