Giveaways rock! Thanks so much for all your comments in April – there were officially over 200 entries for the April giveaway of a 30-minute facial at Blue Heron Wellness! (Value: $50) If you need some pampering and wellness this weekend, they’re holding classes and have appointments for treatments this weekend. Visit their site and give them a call at (301) 754-3730.
And the April winner was…
This month I was too crazybusy to coordinate a local business as the giveaway sponsor, so I just picked up a $50 Mastercard Gift Card for one of you lucky peeps to use anywhere for literally any little thing your heart desires. Does mama need a new pair of shoes? A date night or girls’ night out? Gas? Groceries? Your choice!
To be entered,
- leave comments on any and all the posts on A Parent in Silver Spring in May 2010 for individual entries
- Subscribe to the A Parent in Silver Spring email feed (in which you receive new posts to the website in your email box, typically 5 times a week) Subscribe here.
- Subscribe to A Parent in Silver Spring in your feed reader
- Mention this contest on Twitter with an @jessicaAPISS so I can thank & follow you
Here are the rules:
- This monthly giveaway is totally separate from any other giveaways that I may hold on A Parent in Silver Spring or APISS Reviews.
- This means if I write 30 posts a month and you leave a comment on each one, you’ll be entered in the drawing 30 times…and um, them’s purty good odds.
- When you leave a comment, please click the FOLLOW button directly below the comment text box. This way I can notify you that you are a winner. (I HIGHLY recommend simply clicking the follow button and entering your email for notification of replies to your comment, rather than leaving the text to your email address within your comment – this is how you get gross spam.)
- This month, additional entries can be received for voting in Washingtonian’s Best of Washington 2010 survey and subscribing to the A Parent in Silver Spring email feed, as detailed above.
- Constructive criticism, differences of opinion = completely fine. Offensive comments or spam = will be deleted.
- Friends and fellow bloggers are eligible.
- All winners will be drawn completely Randomly.
- All winners must reside in the United States.
- Comments sent to me via email are always appreciated, but will not be counted for this monthly giveaway series.
Featured businesses may provide the gift certificates and gift cards and swag. All giveaways in this series will be worth at least $50 each and require no further purchase of goods or services from the winner. (Have a business you’d like to promote through giving a gift to gracious A Parent in Silver Spring reading parents? Send me a line!)
So please leave comments, comments, comments galore! Write what you like, what you don’t, what you think needs to be changed, events that are happening in your community, your own great finds…whatever!