A Pregnant Parent in Silver Spring

Expecting.

Expanding.

Glowing.

Barfing.

Scarfing.

And due in early May.

An alternative title for this post could be “I Come Out as Pregnant With a Little Help from My Friends.”

T-shirt by Kristen of BabyBrewing, the coolest and comfiest maternity tees ever (and cute onesies, dad tees and Mommy Needs apparel, too).

Photo by Jean of Stimeyland and AutMont.

Support from my fellow editors and members of the ParentsConnect Pregnancy and Due Date boards.

Cheers and love from my blogging sisters of The DC Moms.

Future bedside table reading by Erin of The Christian Mama’s Guide to Having a Baby.

Pregnancy anthem by Garfunkel and Oates.

Nightmares by Ridley Scott.

Laughs from Scary Mommy on TheStir.

Obsession sessions with my sister Sarah, Susan, Kathryn, Jodi and many other dear IRL friends and family.

Excitement and joy from big brother Charlie and big sister Eve.

DNA, inexhaustible patience and eternal love from my husband Chris.

Warning: The next 6 months may include a good deal of pregnancy musings and expectant mama and baby resource posts, as I again enter the world of prenatal yoga, car seat safety analysis, belly panel dressing, birth plans and the like. It’s been five years since I’ve done this and A LOT has changed.

Who else is expecting and adopting? Because I hope you can use those upcoming posts too!

Pictured here: Critiquing the early, very un-Angelina belly.

Comments

1. Congratulations! You look wonderful. What a joy. This baby is blessed to have a mamma like you. Thanks for sharing with all of us. 🙂

2. So excited for you!  Congrats!  And you look amazing.

3. Love you!!!

4. Yaaaaaay!  Very happy for you and Chris!  🙂

5. Susie Sunshine says

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

6. Britt Reints says

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

7. thanks for including adopting parents in your post!  being adopted myself, i’m always partial to those who recognize them as parents-to-be. 🙂

and you’re right – you are GLOWING!

ox

8. Wow, THANKS!  I have to admit, I’ve looked better. But I’ve never been more stoked.  🙂

9. You are too kind. I’ll just envy your waist and chiseled bone structure as I become more lumpy.

10. Thanks!!

11. i think it’s my bronzer…

12. THANK YOU!!

13. Thanks Patti!  You’ve been such a great friend (even when threatened with puke at school pickups!).

14. Love you back!

15. Scary Mommy says

So freaking happy for you, you gorgeous Mama, you!!! XOXO

16. Congrats Jess!

17. Thanks for the laughs!  Although you truly do make me pee my pants when I read your weekly column and of course daily blogs. So thanks also for the extra laundry!

18. Thank you!

19. Tracy Rotton says

Congratulations to you and Chris!

20. Congrats!

21. MammaMania says

Wow!!! Yay!  So excited for you guys!!!  (I must be. I think I put 42 exclamation points in this post alone.)

22. fleadhcmm@yahoo.com says

Hip Hip!  Hooray!  (and no, not a crack about any extra pregnancy weight — which I would never had noticed if you had not told me!)  You are beautiful as ever.  Congratulations with all my heart to you all.  Yay for the McFadden Five, the latest groovy sensation (or is that your nausea!)  Hugs!

23. Congratulations!  Can’t wait to read all about it !

24. you look so fricken cute!!!! congrats!

25. Thank you so much!

26. Thanks Stacy!

27. THANK YOU SO MUCH!  You’re the best ever.

28. Thanks Jennifer for the love AND exclamation points!

29. Thanks!

30. Thanks Tracy!!

31. Thrift Store Mama says

How fantastic – so, so glad for you Jessica !

32. shut up!  Your having a baby!  “chiseled bone structure” my ass!

33. thank you!!! 😀

34. Crunchy-Chewy Mama says

You are absolutely glowing! I’m so happy for you!

35. LeticiaTechSavvyMama says

Love all 4 of you and can’t wait to love the 5th McFadden too!  Hooray!

36. amy @teachmama says

you. are. beautiful.

always–but especially preggers, my friend!

37. So beautiful! So happy! Hooray, hooray, hooray! (That’s three cheers right there.)

38. Sue @ Laundry for Six says

You are gorgeous AND glowing!!  Congratulations!!  And I’ll be happy to take any extra drink tickets off your hands should we find ourselves at the same cocktail party in the next few months. 😉

39. CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!  We look forward to the updates and will live in that wonderful world of babiness through you…

40. Thanks! I’ll try to keep balanced with babies AND big kids too (I’m not ageist, at least, when it comes to kids 🙂 )

41. Those drink tickets are yours. I’ll be the chick with the flat O’Douls eating all your alotted satay sticks.

42. Thanks for taking a photo that was more flattering than real life. The web cam shots I was taking between puking sessions would have really scared people off.

43. I’m large and in charge. Trying to own it. Because I sure own the sidewalk.

44. Thank you Leticia! Every kid of mine needs some Barr love in his/her life – it’s become an essential part of their development!  xoxoxo

45. Thank you, rock star natural mama!  (I’m not worthy!)

46. sam {temptingmama} says

OMG! BAAAABBBBBYYYY! So happy for you Jessica!! Awesome news!

47. sam {temptingmama} says

OMG! BAAAABBBBBYYYY! So happy for you Jessica!! Awesome news!

48. Kelly Woestman says

So happy for you all!  I can’t wait for all of the baby blogging.  Please keep me informed on all the new prenatal/postnatal/newborn things the world has to offer!  Loves.

49. Great news!  It will be fun to read your baby posts mixed in with the big kid stuff.  As always, thanks for the great resource and best of luck with this newest miracle!

50. Congratulations!

51. Thanks!!

52. My due date twin!

53. Thank you Sam!  Hey everyone, Sam is the amazing designer of this website’s new look.  Last year she was the OB, doula and midwife that made this site possible!!

54. I am expecting as well – mid April – so I look forward to all your pregnancy posts 🙂

55. Hooooooooooooray!

This is so great!  I’m so happy for you and ALL the McFaddens!

56. Awww… HUGE congrats!!  And thanks for the shout-out.  Your galley copy of my book should arrive THIS week so get ready for it…. can’t wait to hear what you think!  And, my belly looks worse than yours, trust me.  Maybe we should have an un-angelina belly-off.  🙂

57. You look SO beautiful and I can’t wait for my new niece or nephew to arrive in the Spring!  I’m available for obsessions sessions ANYTIME for my wonderful and amazing big sister.  Much love!!  XXOO

58. Congratulaions to you and your whole family!

59. I’m so happy for you — you are gorgeous as always!

60. Sandra Foyt says

And you look fabulous!

61. Andrea Meyers says

You look beautiful! Congratulations and wishing you a healthy pregnancy.

62. Jessica, I am so so so happy and excited for you!! congratulations!!

63. Thank you!!!

64. You’re really, really nice. Thanks Andrea!

65. Wow, the self-esteem rush is better than all that stuff I CAN”T do right now. THANK YOU.

66. OK, now you’re giving me a big head. But that’s OK, I need it to be in proportion to my ass, my thighs, upper arms, uterus, etc.

67. Thank you!  We’re all stoked.  The other three people of course just get to sit back and enjoy. Unfort, couldn’t put gestation on the family chore chart.

68. And thank you Baby Sis for supplying me with one very stylish maternity wardrobe. Lucky me to have you…and your butt-lifting jeans.  KISSHUG!

69. Can’t wait to read it. Jesus loves me, my baby, and I’m praying every day. However, I understand that I need to redirect my prayers away from BS like, “Please make him/her be in the top reading group and magically give me a tummy tuck and breast lift during labor. Amen.”

70. Another Toddler Planet playgroup pal and devoted fan, Aunt Susan!

71. Woo hoo!  Congrats!!!  Let’s do a prenatal yoga class and crack up when we realize 30 women are all Kegeling at the same time.  Hahahahaha.

72. It will definitely be a new experience. I’ve never had big kids AND a baby at the same time. The kids already think he/she is going to be on swim team with them and come out riding a tricycle….