My family and I can’t wait to combine two of our loves: art learning and the Nats! And this event is totally free. It’s a summer Saturday home run!
Highlights of the event will include:
- An opportunity to take pictures with players
- Decorating picture frames for your family’s photo with the players
- A station to make pennants and big fingers
- Face painting
- The Courtyard Café will offer traditional ballpark fare for purchase, including hot dogs, popcorn and ice cream
- After the event concludes a special, docent-led tour titled, “Runs, Hits, Errors: The Boys of Summer at the National Portrait Gallery” will be offered. The tour will meet in the F Street Lobby at 3:15 p.m
Smithsonian American Art Museum and National Portrait Gallery at Eighth and F streets N.W.The museums are located above the Gallery Place/Chinatown Metrorail station. Hours are 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, except Dec. 25. Admission is always free.
See you there!
Kogod courtyard pic courtesy Elvert Barnes on ipernity via a share alike license, Nationals pic courtesy the National Portrait Gallery.