A Parent in Silver Spring and Strathmore are proud to offer families giveaways of tickets to each show in the four concert series!
Strathmore’s Annual Backyard Theater for Children is one of the best parts of summer!
Thursday mornings July 12 – August 2 at both 9:30am and 11:30am, kids can experience performances designed to make them get up and MOVE! These interactive, family-focused shows will keep kids (and their parents, grandparents and nannies) active and engaged as they learn about diverse musical genres from bands Snowday, Farafina Kan, Recess Monkey and Moona Luna.
The bands take the stage on Strathmore’s tented backyard theater stage and Strathmore often offers cool kids’ stations for kids with treats and activities during the shows. Tickets are $8 for the general public, $7.20 for Strathmore Stars members and free for kids 2 years old and under.
Parking is available on the Mansion grounds; enter at Rockville Pike. If you are wondering if the outdoor show will go on due to weather, folllow Strathmore on Facebook and Twitter for updates the day-of performances.
Backyard Theater starts Thursday, July 12 with a performance from D.C. a cappella ensemble Snowday.
A Snowday always makes kids giddy, even in summer, and the group kicks off Backyard Theater for Children with a repertoire that spans the history of a cappella from chant to barbershop, doo wop and modern pop, from Palestrina to Rihanna. Founded in 2008 with the mission of bringing contemporary vocal music into mainstream education, Snowday performs all genres of music. Mini Madonnas and Michael Bublés will learn about voice parts, rhythm and basic arranging techniques, culminating with opportunities to try out singing and vocal percussion for themselves.
Check out this video preview of the music Snowday will be making:
You can win THREE free tickets to the Snowday performance time of your choice — either 9:30am or 11:30am!
To be entered to win — you can throw your name in the hat up to SIX times! — just…
- Leave a comment on this post stating why you would enjoy this show.
- Like A Parent in America – my new mom blog for general, non-local topics and humor essays — on Facebook! (Leave me a comment stating that you liked.)
- Follow me on Twitter (leave a comment with your Twitter handle so I can follow you back.)
- Like A Parent in Silver Spring on Facebook. (Leave me a comment stating that you liked.) I’m beginning to receive LOADS of free tickets for summer family fun in the DC area and for driveable getaway destinations — it will be a summer of BIG giveaways!
- Sign up for the e-mail notifications of new posts on A Parent in America and A Parent in Silver Spring to hear immediately when there is a new giveaway (leave a comment telling me that you subscribed to both sites).
I’ll draw the winner in one week on Friday July 6, 2012 at midnight. The winner of the two tickets will be alerted on Saturday morning July 7, 2012.
If you don’t win tickets, they are available for purchase and worth every dollar.
And be sure to come back to A Parent in Silver Spring for giveaways for each of the remaining three Strathmore Backyard Theater for Children shows this summer!
Disclosure: Strathmore is an advertising partner of this website, however, posting this information is not part of our contract but simply because my family and I sincerely always enjoy these events! No further compensation was received.