ENTER TODAY – WIN TOMORROW!: A Parent in Silver Spring and Strathmore are proud to offer families giveaways of tickets to each show in the four concert series!
Strathmore’s Annual Backyard Theater for Children is one of the best parts of summer! This Thursday July 19 catch Recess Monkey at Strathmore, and a lucky winner will be drawn tomorrow morning.
Recess Monkey is one of the most popular family-friendly bands in the country. Based in Seattle, the band is comprised of three wacky guys who are elementary school teachers, as well as musicians, and their music is upbeat alternative rock that you will catch yourself jamming out to even when the kids are not in the car.
Mindy Thomas from SiriusXM’s Kids Place Live says, “These guys are able to tap into elementary school so well that it’s like they never left. In this never-ending nationwide talent show of kid and family music, they are most definitely at the top.”
Check out this video for a sample of Recess Monkey’s sound:
Thursday mornings July 12 – August 2 at both 9:30am and 11:30am, kids can experience performances designed to make them get up and MOVE! These interactive, family-focused shows will keep kids (and their parents, grandparents and nannies) active and engaged as they learn about diverse musical genres from bands Snowday, Farafina Kan, Recess Monkey and Moona Luna.
The bands take the stage on Strathmore’s tented backyard theater stage and Strathmore often offers cool kids’ stations for kids with treats and activities during the shows. Tickets are $8 for the general public, $7.20 for Strathmore Stars members and free for kids 2 years old and under.
Parking is available on the Mansion grounds; enter at Rockville Pike. If you are wondering if the outdoor show will go on due to weather, folllow Strathmore on Facebook and Twitter for updates the day-of performances.
You can win THREE free tickets to the Recess Monkey 7/19 performance time of your choice — either 9:30am or 11:30am!
To be entered to win — you can throw your name in the hat up to SIX times! — just…
- Leave a comment on this post stating why you would enjoy this show.
- Like A Parent in America – my new mom blog for general, non-local topics and humor essays — on Facebook! (Leave me a comment stating that you liked.)
- Follow me on Twitter (leave a comment with your Twitter handle so I can follow you back.)
- Like A Parent in Silver Spring on Facebook. (Leave me a comment stating that you liked.) I’m beginning to receive LOADS of free tickets for summer family fun in the DC area and for driveable getaway destinations — it will be a summer of BIG giveaways!
- Sign up for the e-mail notifications of new posts on A Parent in America and A Parent in Silver Spring to hear immediately when there is a new giveaway (leave a comment telling me that you subscribed to both sites).
I’ll draw the winner tomorrow morning 7/18 at 8 am and the winner of the three tickets will be alerted immediately via e-mail.
If you don’t win tickets, they are available for purchase and worth every dollar.
And be sure to come back to A Parent in Silver Spring for giveaways for each of the remaining three Strathmore Backyard Theater for Children shows this summer!
Disclosure: Strathmore is an advertising partner of this website, however, posting this information is not part of our contract but simply because my family and I sincerely always enjoy these events! No further compensation was received.
Photo credit: Kevin Fry