Come on over to A Parent in Silver Spring on Facebook and download up to FOUR free pre-screening tickets for the special theatre showing of the new straight-to-DVD-and-BluRay film by Disney, Secret of the Wings.
Click the FREE SCREENING button in the header of my Facebook page and you will be given a link and code to download your tickets.
If you have not yet attended one of these free screenings, especially if you are bringing your kids, there are some essential facts I must tell you, mom-to-mom (or dad).
- I was given a code for 120 tickets, or 30 family 4-packs. They will go quickly.
- They MAJORLY over-book these things. The movie studios want every single seat filled when they give it away for free. This means that there are always some families that do not make it inside, even if they have printed tickets, parked and waited in line.
- So you MUST GET THERE SUPER EARLY. One time I (a blogger who helped promote the movie for free and gave out the seats, right?) got there only 15 minutes early and I was told too bad, so sad, no cigar. This was no biggie because it was a grown up movie, but if I had my kids with me?? OH NO, that would not have gone down well.
- The official language, “Seating is first come, first seated. No one will be admitted late. Seating is not guaranteed. Tickets are not transferable and have no cash value.”
- You may be asked to hand over your cell phones and cameras to security guards who will check them for you. Why? Well, didn’t you see that episode of Seinfeld? Or newly-released movies for sale on a blanket? That’s why you have to give up the iPhone that is usually attached to your thumbs. Don’t worry, you will get it back.
- Your popcorn and Dots and Raisinets are not included, but the snack bar will be open.
My daughter is excited about this film, she adores the Disney Fairies, and I love the rich animation and music. I will definitely be buying this DVD for the family collection, but the chance to see the film on the big screen with my daughter sounds like a magical Saturday morning.
“Journey with Tinkerbell and her fairy friends into the forbidden world of the Mysterious Winter Woods, where curiosity and adventure leads Tink to an amazing discovery and reveals a magical secret that could change her world forever.” — Disney.com