One of the most perfect days my kids and I have spent this summer was on our family fun “date” at RIO Washingtonian in Gaithersburg. There are so many options for family fun!
In one blissful afternoon, my children and I
- Had a yummy lunch at Potbelly Sandwich Works
- Took a turn on the beautiful brand new carousel, full of interesting animals (and we saw the horse that one of YOU readers named!)
- Walked around the lake, making friends with the ducks and geese
- Played at the multi-age playground
- Hopped onto the children’s train ride
- Watched a matinee at AMC Loews RIO Cinemas
- Devoured delicious cupcakes at Lilly Magilly’s Cupcakery
The kids could not believe that this was our day! Usually only ONE of those activities is a total treat, but we did all SEVEN of those fun adventures in one awesome afternoon.
The RIO Washingtonian is is giving away three fabulous, fun-packed date night packages to its Facebook fans. You can win a couples night, a girls’ night out and or a family date night much like the one our family experienced! The RIO is calling these their Share the Love nights out, and these giveaways are all about celebrating the nostalgia the community harbors for its lakefront.
To enter to win one of these three packages, simply head to the RIO Washingtonian’s Facebook Page and fill out the Share the Love form!
Disclosure: My family and I received experiences for review. No additional or monetary compensation received for promoting this fun opportunity for local families.