Kristen Bell has inspired me to have “The Talk” with my three children. Especially my older two, Charlie and Eve, who are getting older and can handle more responsibility for their own health.
Of course, we are not referring to the birds and the bees talk, but the talk on the importance of applying sunscreen early and often.
In fact, after watching Kristen’s hilarious and important video for Neutrogena, my older kids and I made our own.
I know, I know: Kristen Bell’s video? Way funnier. But we tried our best to do Princess Anna justice.
(I do love it that Bell is the celebrity spokesperson for the campaign, being a real life mom. In fact, her own favorite Neutrogena sunscreen products are the Neutrogena Wet Skin Kids Sunscreen Spray Broad Spectrum SPF 70+ for her own kids, and the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face + Body Stick Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 70 for herself.)
And Bell’s video is not only entertaining and inclusive of important family sun protection information: Sharing the video on social media benefits a great cause! For every video share, Neutrogena will donate $1 to the Children’s Melanoma Prevention Foundation – a non-profit, educational organization committed to preventing skin cancer through comprehensive sun safety and melanoma awareness programs.
Skin cancer is a very real risk for kids. Despite all we know and its ability to be prevented, skin cancer continues to be a health epidemic in the U.S. More than 350 Americans are diagnosed with skin cancer every hour, and even just one or two bad sunburns as a child almost doubles the risk of skin cancer.
Showing kids the simple, healthy behavior of YOU applying sunscreen to yourself, and helping them apply sunscreen every day, may ultimately help reduce the likelihood of children’s developing skin cancer later in life.
GIVEAWAY – A MIMIC MOMMY SUNSCREEN KIT FROM NEUTROGENA
I am excited to be able to giveaway THREE Neutrogena Sunscreen Prize Packs to three individual winners. Each winner will receive:
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face + Body Stick Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 70
- Neutrogena CoolDry Sport Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50
- Neutrogena Wet Skin Kids Sunscreen Spray Broad Spectrum SPF 70+
- Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 60+
How to Enter:
- Share on social media how you talk to your kids about sun protection. Share photos or videos of you and your children applying sunscreen together.
- Make sure to tag @Neutrogena, use #MimicMommy and link to “The Talk” video (http://bit.ly/1X0YRrF) to enter. (Remember, sharing that little video link means a $1 donation to the Children’s Melanoma Prevention Foundation!)
- Enter using the widget below!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Neutrogena as part of an influencer activation for The Motherhood. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions (FTC) guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.