My friend Beth and I had an awesome, much-needed women friend getaway last weekend to Hershey, Pennsylvania which I am convinced truly is the sweetest place on earth. In the past I have enjoyed Hershey with my children, riding rollercoasters and splashing down waterslides. This time it was all about two hard-working moms relaxing for two days, sans kids.
Before we checked in to our hotel on Friday we did a little antiquing at the Crossroads Antique Mall (I almost bought a perfect little wood telephone table just begging for chalk paint!) and then had to hit Hershey’s Chocolate World, of course. We took the famous Hershey’s Chocolate Tour, complete with a sweet treat at the end, and got a great lunch in the food court. My Mounds Latte was to die for. We could not forget our husbands and children back at home and so did a little chocolate shopping for them.
We stayed at the absolutely gorgeous Hershey property, The Hotel Hershey, where we attended the Friday night opening events of the 7th annual Wine and Food Festival at The Hotel Hershey. We enjoyed incredible wine provided by Loveblock Wines and a tour of some great dishes prepared by Hotel Hershey chefs. The Hotel Hershey’s Fountain Lobby was dazzling for the reception, as was the company. We had a great time meeting vintners from New Zealand, such as Loveblock Wines’ Kim Crawford, and all over the world.
After the reception we attended the “Something To Wine About” comedy show featuring Laurie Forster, Wine Coach and Stand Up Sommelier. She helped us learn about wines, led us through a tasting and kept us laughing.
- Vine To Wine at Waltz Vineyards: guests view the winemaking process at Waltz Vineyards and enjoy lunch
- Count Sebastiano Capone Wine & Cheese Tasting: a guided tasting and pairing of five wines and local cheeses
- Davis Bynum Blending Class: a guided tour through the process and art of blending Pinot Noir
- Concho Y Toro Wine Dinner: five-course meal paired with delicious wines
- VIP Winemaker Breakfast: a breakfast buffet with several wine makers from The Grand Tasting
- The Grand Tasting: live jazz entertainment, international and domestic wine stations hosted by official vintner representatives, a selection of domestic breweries, and delicious culinary samplings from award winning chefs
A weekend at The Hotel Hershey is always a good call!
HERSHIEYPARK IN THE DARK PACKAGES
AVAILABLE FRIDAY & SATURDAY NIGHTS, OCTOBER 14-30
Fall for the season with deluxe accommodations, breakfast with the Hershey’s Characters, and admission to Hersheypark In The Dark for the whole family! Plus, enjoy access to The Hershey Story Museum and Hershey Gardens. And The Hotel Hershey provides complimentary luxe transportation to and from Hersheypark for its guests.
The accommodations at The Hotel Hershey are unreal. Our standard double queen guest room was large and luxe, perfect for sharing. We slept very well and did not have to rise early to short order cook the kids! That may been the sweetest, most decadent treat of all!
Disclosure: I am a member of the Hershey, PA Sweetest Moms and received invitations for myself and my guest to attend the Friday events of the Wine and Food Festival at The Hotel Hershey. I also received a media rate for one night hotel stay. No additional compensation received. All additional expenses and all opinions are mine.